Tamborine used to be spelled Tambourine. It was the administrative centre of the Shire of Tamborine (formerly the Shire of Tambourine).
Tambourine Provisional School opened on 24 August 1874, becoming Tambourine State School on 1 January 1909. The spelling was changed to Tamborine on 29 April 1926. Tamborine State School closed on 10 July 1970.
During World War II, the 32nd Infantry Division of the American Army established a camp initially called Camp Tamborine (but later called Camp Cable after deceased soldier Gerald O. Cable) at Tamborine in 1942.
Formerly in the Shire of Beaudesert, Tamborine was split between Logan City and Scenic Rim Region following the local government amalgamations in March 2008.
A station at Tamborine along the Canungra railway line operated from 1915 to 1955.
Tamborine has the following heritage-listed sites:
869 Mundoolun Connection Road: Tamborine House
The Scenic Rim Regional Council operates a mobile library service which visits the corner or Waterford-Tamborine Road & Beenleigh-Beaudesert Rd, opposite the Shell service station.
Top Tamborine Issues
- Cost of Rates
- Highway Congestion
- Local job Opportunities